Thursday, October 9, 2008

Grandma, what large teeth you have!

It wasn't a wolf that woke a cat owner up in Northern California...but it was a mountain lion! I'm not sure how I missed this story earlier in the week, but I did. It's not every day that a mountain lion enters your house to try and eat your cat... here is just a little quote from the story out of the San Francisco Chronicle.

    Through glazed, half-open eyes, Jane Chanteau, a 73-year-old grandmother, saw a giant animal next to her bed.
    "I was half asleep and first I though it was a big dog, trying to get under the bed, and I whacked him on the rear end, like, 'You're not getting my baby,' " Chanteau said.
    The animal leaped onto a box in the corner of the room. Chanteau realized she'd just swatted a 4-foot mountain lion that was in her bedroom.
How amazing is that?
Here is a link to the full story... http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/04/SPNB13ABK0.DTL

And here is a picture of a mountain lion (thanks to National Geographic) :)



That is one brave cat owner!
Kitty may need some rest on something like this :)

No comments: